The Institut Luxembourgeois de la Régulation (ILR), which is the regulatory authority of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, has launched the process of conducting market analyses in application of the EU regulatory framework for electronic communications.
T-REGS Note: The EU directives have not yet been transposed into Luxembourg national law.
The ILR has defined 4 clusters:
- Access: markets 1 and 2 (retail) and 11 and 12 (wholesale)
- Fixed telephony: markets 3, 4, 5, 6 (retail) and 8, 9, 10 (wholesale)
- Leased lines: markets 7 (retail), 13 and 14 (wholesale)
- Mobile: markets 15, 16 and 17 (wholesale)
- (Market 18 does not fall within the ILR's mandate)
Detailed questionnaires have been sent out to market participants this week, and responses are due by 18 March 2005 for the mobile cluster, 15 April 2005 for the access cluster, 19 May 2005 for the fixed telephony cluster and 6 June 2005 for the leased lines cluster.
For a detailed discussion, please contact Yves Blondeel.